When should I see a doctor for foot problems?
At our office, we would rather see you to evaluate foot and ankle problems early. There are a lot of conditions that can only cause more pain without treatment, and conditions such as fungal infections can actually spread to the rest of your body without intervention. In general, you should contact your Orange County podiatrist for any of the following reasons:
- Sudden pain in your foot, ankle, or toes
- Pain that worsens with walking or repeated activity
- Growths of tissue on your foot
- Changes in your foot’s appearance, like the development of warts, corns, or calluses
- Changes to your nails, like toenail fungus, ingrown toenails, or black and blue nails
You should also arrange for your child to see Dr. Salma Aziz if you suspect that your child has trouble walking or if his or her feet are not developing correctly.