Benefits of Using Custom Orthotics vs. OTC Inserts
Below are some top benefits of having personalized orthotics in Newport Beach made for you instead of purchasing over-the-counter inserts:
- Enhanced foot support: Each of your feet have more than 100 muscles and 26 bones. This makes them one of the more complex parts of the body, and they deserve to be taken care of. After all, the feet have to support the entire weight of the body. Custom orthotics support all three of the foot’s anatomical arches for a solid foundation.
- Comfort: Compared to over-the-counter options, custom orthotics are more comfortable. This is due to orthotics being crafted to accommodate unique foot structures. Wearing them every day will offer you the ability to stand and walk more comfortably.
- Less pain: Custom-created orthotics add support and cushioning to your shoes. It also helps to address your specific foot problems. Clinical studies have shown that custom orthotics can help improve gait and whole-body function and reduce pain. Many times, custom orthotics are a conservative treatment for foot, leg, and lower back problems that will lessen the need for surgery.
- Corrected pronation: When your arches allow your ankle to fall towards your body’s midline, it’s called “pronation”. This issue causes an increase in stress on your feet, hips, knees, and lower back. Pronation can make you more susceptible to knee injuries while exercising and playing sports. Custom orthotics will give you the arch support you need to relieve pressure on your joints.
- Corrected supination: Arches that are too high cause supination. This means your ankles lean away from the body’s midline. Just as with pronation, supination will put extra stress on your feet, hips, knees, and lower back. If one of your arches are higher than the other, the problems caused can be much worse and place your body off balance. Custom orthotics can treat each foot’s issues separately. Inserts bought through retail stores cannot offer the same benefit.
- Better athletic performance: When your body is not properly aligned, it can have a significant effect on your ability to perform well athletically. Not only will custom orthotics help you perform better, but they will also help reduce your risk of getting injured. The orthotics can help wearers keep a better body position and be able to balance easier and jump higher.